Saturday, January 8, 2011

Snow Prediction For The South

Snow Prediction For The South   -   It's all over the news.  We are suppose to get heavy snow starting in the early hours of Monday morning.  All I can say is..... let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!!!
A lot of you are saying that I must be crazy, we do not want snow.  I love snow and I think the best part of it is the anticipation.  I feel like I did when I was a kid just waiting for the first snowflake to fall and getting up early to peek out the window to get my first glimpse of our snow-covered yard and trees. It's like you've woke up in a different world.  Everything is peaceful and calming. And yep, I've been known to toss a few snowballs and make a snowman in my old age.   Nothing like having a fire in the fireplace, roasting marshmallows, reading a good book, working on a zig saw puzzle, cooking on the woodstove... all while the snow is gently falling and covering the earth.
I do worry about all my family and friends that won't have heat if the power goes out.  If it does just come on over to my house.  We heat with wood and I have a gas oven and I've stocked up with lots of food.  I promise you that by the time you leave, you will also love a nice snowy day!

Job 37:6    -    For he saith to the snow, Be thou on the earth; likewise to the small rain, and to the great rain of his strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment