Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Getting Back On A Schedule

My butt is dragging!!!!   After being on Christmas Holiday schedule, my body is having a hard time adjusting to once again getting up at 6:30 a.m.   Over the holidays Tommy and I would stay up til wee hours of the morning and then we would sleep as late as we wanted to.  Now that school has started back, our granddaughter Fallyn is staying with us at night so I have to get her up , feed her breakfast, help her to get dressed, fix her hair and then drive her to school.  My inner body clock is still on vacation so for the past two nights I haven't been able to go to sleep until around 3 a.m. and everytime I sit down during the day I fall asleep. Now I know why they say to always go to bed around the same time and get up at the same time.  I need sleep and lots of it.  I do not function very well on just 3 to 4 hours. 

I was  reading my Bible this afternoon and I was reading  EPHESIANS : Chapter 4.  Verse 23 really popped out at me so I did some studying and read some commentary on this verse. 
The verse reads:  And be renewed in the spirit of your mind.
This is what one of the commentaries said: 
   In Corinthians 14:15 Paul says he prays both "with the spirit AND with the understanding."  This shows us the absolute necessity of joining our spirit and mind as one.  The mind is the most difficult part of us to bring into harmony with Christ.  The mind has been subject to all kinds of information since childhood and constantly feeds on that information.  Even when converted, it is usually the first to laspe away from the spiritual, and therefore must be constantly RENEWED in the spirit by the Holy Spirit and the Word of God.
  This is so true.  Many times a day the devil will bring up things in my mind and I have to fight a spiritual warfare.  I have to constantly say "Get behind me satan or better yet, get under my feet where you belong because greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world."
   

1 comment:

  1. After our conversion we take on a spiritual transformation of our mind.The word renewed means to rejuvenate or to make new. In other words, we no longer think like we did before. the change is not in the mind itself, but in the spirit of the mind. the Holy Spirit gives the spirit of our mind new directions which direct our energies toward the Father and the Son. The word renewed is in the present tense which means a continuous renewing. This renewing is always the work of God through the Spirit. Notice what 2Cor. 4:16 tells us. Our outward man is perishing, but the inward man is being renewed day by day.

    ReplyDelete