Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Day Late

Happy New Year!   -    I know it's no longer New Year's Day but we had game night at my house tonight and the last of the gamers left at 12:45 a.m.  It is now 1:30 a.m. and I will try to stay awake to write something down.
   
New Year Resolutions   -   I'm not going to make any resolutions.  I never keep them so instead I will try to do my best at everything I undertake to do in 2011.  I will do my best at being a wife, a mom, a grandmama, a mother-in-law, a daughter-in-law, a sister, an aunt, a gospel singer and a friend.  I'm human so I'm sure I will fail in many ways but just remember I'm doing the best that I can do.  I look back on 2010 and I recall many fond memories.  Time goes by so quickly.  I hope that in 2011 that I will slow down and enjoy each and every moment. 

Black-Eyed Peas & Collards   -  Yep, I ate my share of peas and greens today just as I have on every New Year's Day in the past.  I should be rolling in money. The only people getting rich are the ones selling the peas & collards.  So why do we keep this tradition going?   One thing I know for sure is that us Southerners love peas, collards and cornbread. We will just keep eating them whether it brings us riches or not.
Isn't it bad luck to leave your Christmas tree up past New Year's Eve.  Well... mine is still up so I guess I just
cancelled out any good fortune that eating the peas and collards was going to bring me.  Wait it is raining and maybe rain tomorrow.  I will go and find me a rainbow and get the pot of gold at the end of it.  All my problems solved. 

Each blog I will close with words from the Bible. (King James Version)
Romans 6:4  -  Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment