Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Out Of The Mouth Of Babes

    We've all heard the saying "kids say the darnest things."  Well my two oldest granddaughters are no exceptions.  They are constantly surprising me with words that come out of their mouths.
    I would like to share three recent conversations that I had with my 5 year old granddaughter, Fallyn.
They all took place at bedtime.

About 2 months ago  (right after bedtime story & prayers)
Fallyn:  "Grandmama if you're not dead when I die, will you put flowers on my grave?"
Grandmama:  Yes I will Fallyn but I don't think you are going to die before me."
Fallyn:  "I might."
Grandmama:  "Why do you think you might die before me?
Fallyn:  "Because I might get stabbed."
Grandmama:  "You're not going to get stabbed."
Fallyn:  "I might.  There's lots of bad and mean people in the world and one might stab me."
Grandmama:  "Fallyn, I promise that me and your Poppy and your mommy and daddy will never let any bad people get close enough to you to stab you."
Fallyn:  "OK Grandma, I love you."


This past Monday night (during bedtime story)
Fallyn:  "Grandma, you really need to wear a bra to bed."
    Sure enough, I looked down and both of  "the girls" had escaped from the top of my gown.  I guess they were distracting her from the bedtime story.


Last night (after story & prayers - right on the verge of falling asleep)
Fallyn:  "Grandmama, my heart's not pumping."
Grandmama:  "Yes it is Fallyn."
Fallyn:  "I don't feel it so it's not pumping."
Grandmama:  "Yes it is.  If your heart's not pumping you would be dead.  You die if your heart quits   pumping."
Fallyn:  "Well I guess God is not ready for me to live in Heaven because He is keeping me alive even if my heart is not pumping."
Grandmama:  "I'm glad He's keeping you alive."
Fallyn:  "Me to Grandma, I love you."
Grandmama:  "I love you more."
Fallyn:  "I love you most!"

     Kids gotta love em' !!!!!   :)   :)   :)

Matthew 19:14   -    But Jesus said,  Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto Me; for of such is the kingdom of heaven. 

1 comment: