Monday, January 24, 2011

Not Much Happening

It's Monday afternoon, 5:23 p.m. and not much happening here on the old homefront.  Had a pretty busy weekend.  We sung at 2 different churches.  Saturday night in Clayton, Ga. at Carver's Chapel Baptist and Sunday night at Blue Valley Baptist in Highlands, N.C.   I really enjoyed both singings but it seems that on Mondays after our busy weekends I always feel at little jet-lagged.  I went back to bed after I got my granddaughter up and off to school.  I slept until 12:30.  Now that is not good because I didn't get around to all the things that I needed to get done today.  Tommy says not to worry about it that things will get done sooner or later.  I wish I had his attitude about it.  I look around my house and I see dirty dishes, dirty laundry, unmade bed, an inch of dust covering everything, etc.......it drives me nuts.  Why do I let it bother me?  No one but us will see my dirty house.  We are not expecting company and probably no one is going to drop by....so why worry?  I'm not sure why but when my house is in a state of total disaray then my mind is in total disaray.  Alot of you will have no idea what I'm talking about but then some of you do.  I believe it is called OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and I do believe that I have a slight case of it.  So even tho I would rather sit right here in my recliner and play Word Drop on facebook, I am going to get my lazy butt up and tackle my housework so my mind will be a ease.


PROVERBS 31:31   -   Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment